My papercraft and card making projects

Tuesday 14 February 2012

tim holtz 12 tags of 2012!!

i am uber-excited about tim's announcement that he will from now be doing a monthly tag tutorial rather than the 12 tags of christmas!
as others have said it is sad that we will no longer be doing the xmas tags, but i think that it was limited to christmassy products and tim has more scope to share his ideas across the year this way.  plus we will have more time to complete each project!! yaaay!!

anyhoo ... here is my version of tim's tag for february.
i used the full size cupid and overstamped the 'love' quotation on it.  i dont have the valentine stamp so i just embossed the tag then swooshed embossing ink over the raised parts then used white embossing powder over it.  it wasnt a huge sucess but most of it is covered with embellishment anyway!
obviously this honeycomb paper is news to most people but i managed to locate some in a uk shop.   [see my previous post if interested]  in the meanwhile i have used a red acrylic heart that comes with packaging from the fabulous art from the heart!
i have ordered some honeycomb paper cos i just love the look on the dressform and on umbrella man!!

thanks for looking xx

8 comments:

  1. Wowzers! You were speedy doing this! Looks fantastic btw - love the heart (I have mine stored ready to use but never do - this is excellent encouragement!!!). Love how you've used the elements Tim used and it's inspiration for me to have a go at my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened upon your blog and wow! I'm also following along with Tim's 12 tags of 2012. Am now following you and look forward to seeing more of your work! Thanks for sharing. Feel free to check out my blog as well. Doing some amazing giveaways this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag. Funny how things come and go, I just saw honeycomb for the fist time about a month ago...love your acrylic heart, it has a lovely glow about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) Secondly - BLIMEY!!!! That was quick! I only saw the TH tag this morning haha. Mind you, when I saw the cupid die he used, I immediately thought of you and your recent projects. This is a fantastic interpretation of his Feb Tag. Yes, I think Mr Holtz will keep a lot of his fans happy by making tags all year round. Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the follow and the comment on my blog. Not sure if you have come across your fellow UK blogger Neil? He is also a Tim fan. http://neelzexpressionz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!
    So glad I've found your great blog- Paul/Artsider and Craft Donkey sent me!!

    I LOVE your tag- love the stamped cupid- makes it even better than Mr. Holtz's- I hope that isn't too sacrilegious to say!

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta te ha quedado genial!!! el corazon me encanta....

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this tag is the best i've seen so far, i really love it!!

    Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
    Kristina
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
they are all most gratefully received.
i love to read them!!
xx tony