My papercraft and card making projects

Monday 23 January 2012

3 simple spring cards

i saw a design online somewhere ages ago and saved it, and have given it my interpretation.
i'm trying to build up a batch of cards to go to my charity, and these were simple if not wayyyy over on the girlie side but they look ok to me!

i am trying to improve my 'mat and layering' .... something i find a bit difficult at times.
i have seen a little gizmo HERE but not sure if its worth it? maybe just patience and a steady eye is best!!

here are 2 more similar cards



thanks for stopping by!!

roll on the releases of all the fab new products from cha!!
from tim, dyan, graphic45, wendy vecchi etc .... very exciting!!

4 comments:

  1. OOooo lovely jubbly Tony! Gawjuss as always x

    Hope that lotto come in for us very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, Do you have a good paper cutter? I have a Carl heavy duty rotary cutter that I really like, though I used to do all my cutting with a Fiskar rotary. Even though the Fiskar was relatively inexpensive, I ran through a couple of them, so it would have been cheaper to buy the Carl the first go around. I did a bit of math the first time to figure out my sizes of layers and made notes to determine the best way to cut them from a sheet. I just reference them when I am getting ready to cut and away I go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there ... i have a large guillotine i use for 12x12 papers, then i trim using a small fiskars 'sliding' cutter. i try to measure my layers from my final piece as they are very often not a uniform size by the time i have embossed or distressed them [the card actually changes size lol!]. i am very frugal when using layers and dont like to waste too much, but i have found that measuring the layer from the edge of the final piece after i have stuck it down seems to work best for me! thats how i did these cards and it seems to be quite even so i might continue to do that. i know i need a nicer trimmer though!
      all the best.

      Delete
  3. Very nice cards Tony. Wouldn't say they are too girly at all.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
they are all most gratefully received.
i love to read them!!
xx tony