My papercraft and card making projects

Thursday 18 August 2011

birthday card to myself!

Well I hit 54 today!!
AAAARRRGGGHHH!!

So I made myself this card .... lol

I used Paper Artsy crackle paint on the umbrella man and clock ... I just got these paints to try as I have seen lots of folk using them with great results.   They really are nice paints!  More have been ordered lol!
The background is kraft glassine with cogs embossed on it and then scratched and dabbed with distress stains white and black and a dusting of cosmic shimmer dark bronze [my favourite colour ever!]
I layered it with kraft card and kraft corrugated card ... I have been using this look a lot on cards recently - it looks quite chic! c,")
The label has the recently published 'faux porcelain' look with stamped words [intentionally haphazard!] using single letter stamps i found! [sorry i cant find the blog i read how to do this! doh!]

Next is a couple of works in progress ....



These are just trying out 2 of Tim's new stamps I recently bought online [from SSStamp in USA!]
The Xmas one is simply stamped using different distress pads on separate ares, then distress edged and finally finished with perfect pearl mist [pearl]. I did another one which i covered in clear embossing powder which looks great!  I'm going to embellish this a lot more!

The halloween one is just a test piece embossed with ranger black sparkle embossing powder, which looks way better in daylight!

I'm hoping to find time to get inky a lot more from now ... I have been very negligent!! .... I've been hitting the gym a lot recently and getting my health back on track and its been taking too much ink-time!! lol

Yes - this is me!!

Thanks for reading xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun,
    Whit woo!! looking good Tony! I'm loving those cards and those stamps in green as I need them!!! Lol hope you have had a great birthday, did you do anything exciting hope you treated yourself to more timmy products, let me know what you got!
    Sending mahoosive hugs

    Kazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your cards Tony and the new stamps are fabulous aren't they. Hope you celebrated your birthday in style. Looking good by the way! Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
they are all most gratefully received.
i love to read them!!
xx tony